I’ve been on LinkedIn for over 10 years and have never seen this before.
This is a classic example of how crafting simple, authentic content can easily distinguish one from the crowd. If the purpose of LinkedIn includes sharing who you are, deepening your relationships, and building your brand, this accomplishes all that and more in one masterful stroke.
Sharing his experiences in this way tells us much about this person:
- He’s self-aware, reflecting on his experiences, short-term and long-term.
- He’s vulnerable, willing to make those reflections public even if they relate to tough lessons learned.
- He’s giving, offering us nuggets of himself that we otherwise would not know. This gift keeps on giving because it also causes us to reflect on our own experiences.
- He’s smart yet down to earth, sharing lessons that are simple and pithy and others that are complex and analytical.
- He’s humble, proving that he continues to learn no matter how experienced he gets.
Thank you to Phil Nevels for being all these things and more.