Five months ago, I announced the launch of The Junto Institute. Today, I’m pleased to announce that applications are open for the second cohort, Junto II, which will consist of eight select startups and will run from September 2013 through June 2014.
The Junto Institute is a post-accelerator school that develops leadership capabilities, emotional intelligence, and management skills of startup founders. The curriculum integrates a peer-to-peer leadership forum, monthly business classes, leadership and management mentoring, and uniquely designed office hours.
The 9-month program is designed for founders of later-stage startups who want to develop their leadership and management capabilities. Qualifying companies meet the following criteria:
- at least two full-time co-founders
- post-revenue and strong early market validation
- initial round of funding or have bootstrapped/positive cash flows
- located in/near Chicago
Applications from all industry sectors are welcome, and full details on the application process and the program are available here.
To read and hear about the experiences of the current cohort, as well as mentors and instructors, visit this web page. Here is a sampling:
- “It’s fundamentally altering the DNA of the company and the way we work together.”
- “If you want to grow as a leader, cofounder, and company, The Junto Institute is the perfect source.”
- “We’ve gotten help in [developing] self-awareness, leadership, and confidence – the things you never get taught in school.”
- “The best part is the people and the community that has been built around it. Something special has developed [through] the connections that I am making with my fellow CEOs and the mentor community.”
- “Every month when I see the line item for The Junto, I am amazed at the value that I am receiving. The return that I am getting for my investment in the Junto is far greater than I expected.”
The following is a 1.5 minute video of Junto I founders sharing their experiences. A longer version is available here.
Applications are being accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until Friday, July 26, and may close earlier if the eight startups are selected before then.